Monday 27 July 2015

My First MAC Lipstick Purchases | Plumful & Twig |

I know what you all think, "She's never tried a MAC lipstick before?!", but it's true. I never thought much to the £15.50 price tag to be honest, UNTIL I tried one in America a couple of months ago, and I don't think I'll ever look back!

I purchased Plumful first at Gatwick airport and Twig whilst on holiday in Florida Mall.
Originally, I wanted Velvet Teddy, but after seeing how much it didn't show up on my lips I decided it wasn't for me! Dark reds and browns look good with my skin tone and therefore I was drawn to Plumful in lustre and Twig in satin. Both shades are different to eachother but match my skin and moods perfectly. Of course, plumful is shinier and glossier compared to twig which is more matte of the two.


One thing I can say about my first MAC lipstick experience is that they are durable! I apply my lipstick when I get to work and it genuinely stays on throughout the whole day! If I eat quite a lot then I do re-apply, but if I didn't my lipstick would still be noticeable! They also don't bleed or fade which is great for a 'just applied' look throughout the day.

Therefore, as I have a few events coming up later this month, I have treated myself to another one; a satin lipstick in Captive! I genuinely will not go back now I've tried MAC. Why didn't anyone push me to take the plunge before?!

When did you try MAC lipsticks? And would you recommend me any shades to try (staying in the current deep red/brown tones!)

post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

2 comments:

  1. Ohh these two beautiful shades! I haven't had the opportunity to try either of these as yet but I will make sure to check them out when I am next our local MAC counter :) I think you would really like MAC Faux - it is such a gorgeous muted mauve pink shade!

    Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had never tried a mac lipstick before either up until very recently! i have 3 now, i think it is my new addiction! they are a lot better than i ever expected them to be, and i don't think they are that outrageously priced either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...