Monday 1 June 2015

DisneyWorld Florida | Hints & Tips Before You Go |

If you're a regular reader, you'll know I recently went to Walt Disney World Florida! I've had a few people ask for advice on their imminent Disney trips and those who are planning on making the plunge and booking one - so I've decided to write up a post on my top hints and tips on certain aspects on the most magical place in the world. This post is dedicated to hints and tips for before you go!

|| Use the My Disney Experience App ||


This app is AMAZING. It has pretty much every tool you'll need to plan your adventure before you go and whilst you're there! It includes completing your booking reservation, magic bands, booking fast passes for rides/character meets, dining, checking out official ride waiting times and soo much more! I reviewed it as part of my Disney Series, take a peek HERE.

|| Make a list of "Must Do's" ||

I felt more prepared once I had made a list of everything I wanted to do, and more importantly who I wanted to meet! My list included meeting Cinderella, Ariel, Minnie and Mickey, getting a photo in front of the castle and going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal. Of course, I ticked every single one and more!

Don't go home regretting something you didn't do or someone you didn't meet, take every opportunity and make the most of every single day!


|| Book a Dining Experience || 

Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom is an amazing and magical dining experience as you get to eat in this beautiful room with Princesses! Unfortunately it was fully booked when I went and couldn't get a table at any time. Therefore if you're looking to do this as a one off, I would recommend booking it a few weeks in advance! - Just a heads up, if you fail to appear at your dining reservation, a charge will be applied to your debit/credit card!


|| Purchase Memory Maker / Photo Pass ||

Memory Maker is a digital photo system linked to your Disney account and magic bands. They store all of the photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers (which can be found everywhere throughout Disney), Character meet and greets and ride experiences. It's approximately $169 / $189 depending what package is purchased and the amount is for the whole party.

 Over 2 weeks we accumulated 500+ photos by park photographers and ride experiences / character meets. It is definitely worth it! You can access your photos at any time during your stay and up to 45 days after each photo is taken, so make sure you download them as soon as you get home so you know you have them safe!

|| Car Hire vs Free Bus Shuttles ||

When booking our holiday, Simon and I balanced the option of hiring a car. When hiring a car, you have to pay to hire the car, insurance for the car, insurance for those in the car, fuel, plus parking costs. We decided to opt for coach transfers to and from the airport instead and we are soo glad we did

Whilst traveling to the parks we noticed ordinary visitors needed to pay to park their vehicle every time they entered. It's approximately $17 to park a regular car every time you enter the park, so if you're visiting 2 parks a day, that's $34 a day allocated to parking. Therefore we are soo glad we made the right decision for us because once we added up the costs, it wasn't worth it compared to free shuttles!

Now, I'm not saying it's the best decision for everyone, but just be aware of all of the costs involved and whether or not there is another option that would be just as convenient.

And finally, take as many photos as possible as you never know when you'll get the chance again.

post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...