Wednesday 4 March 2015

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation | No7 Series |

Todays post is dedicated to my ongoing journey with my bad skin and when I decided to finally *try* to help myself.

When I was a young teen, I had very bad skin, worse than what I have now. It's part of the reason why I hated testing foundations because I had to see what a state my skin was in which then meant my foundations were obviously the wrong colour. Turning 21 (I know, way too late), I plucked up the courage and decided to sort my face out. Some girls love getting new makeup, but it was a massive step for me knowing I'd have to look in the mirror properly and find a shade that was perfect.

I decided to try out Boots Match Made Foundation Service. The lady on the No7 counter was amazing. Seriously, she was soo helpful explaining all the different types and what they will do to help my acne and flare ups. She recommended my correct shade with the help of the Match Made Reader - Warm Ivory in their Beautifully Matte Foundation which contains Salicylic Acid which helps fight against bacteria which cause spots. 

Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation - 30ml - £13.50

The Beautifully Matte Foundation is for Normal/Oily skin - the moisturising formula helps to balance oily and dry areas, leaving you shine free for up to 14 hours and leaves you with a soft, even finish. It is hypo-allergenic so it's kind to sensitive skin, built in SPF 15 and has a Medium/Full coverage. This is the main reason why I love using this foundation as it's perfect to try and make blemishes and spots less visible!

Some people get scared about the word 'Matte' and to be honest - I was too at first! I understand it may take the shine away, but it does still have a natural look. Even though I have acne, I have combination skin where it can be oily one minute and the next day it could be quite dry. It's a nightmare, but the combination of this matte foundation and the salicylic acid balances out my skin whilst preventing and helping my current blemishes and spots.


I must say, hats off to Boots Match Made Foundation Service! I finally have a foundation that isn't orange. My face is naturally whiter than my neck and therefore my foundation shade Warm Ivory, matches my neck. If you haven't tried it, go ahead - I personally love the service Boots No7 offer - I am so happy with it. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin since using it. Of course it won't happen overnight, but it has made a positive difference on my skin and confidence. 

Have you tried Boots Match Made Service? I've heard mixed reviews, but my personal experiences have been amazing - 10/10 for me! What about foundations? What do you use when you're having a bad skin day?
RATING
Price: 4 STARS £13.50 To me this is a reasonable price for what it helps do and also the service I receive everytime I go into Boots and purchase something at their No7 counters. I would begrudge paying this for a standard high street foundation if I am honest.

Promises: 4 STARS Everytime I put my foundation on, I feel confident that the majority of my blemished and scared skin is covered but still looking natural and the same colour as my neck. At the same time it has and continues to help my skin - very happy. 

Ease of Use: 4 STARS It's easy to blend in and the foundation pump keeps the application mess free.

Would I Recommend to a Friend?: YES I have recommended Boots Match Made service to a lot of people but I get mixed responses - but try it, they're only a guide but my experience with the service and this foundation is brilliant - it really has helped my skin and confidence. 

post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

2 comments:

  1. This foundation sounds amazing! And I really like the packaging of it, not sure why, it just looks very nice to me :D x

    Anu | My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolute love it. Not only is it a really good product- the staff are soo helpful and you don't end up looking 2 shades lighter or darker than you should!

      x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...