Tuesday 3 February 2015

BiG FATTest SilKy smOOther with Extra Oomphness | Lee Stafford |

As the weather starts to change, it can have an adverse affect your mood, skin and hair so we all need to take a bit more time to take care of ourselves this Autumn/Winter. I was kindly given The Lee Stafford Big Fattest Silky Smoother Brush at a blogging meetup last year and since using it for a few months, I thought I would give a review on it.
Lee Stafford - The BiG FATTest SilKy smOOther - £10.99
This hairbrush is no ordinary hair brush! The brush has dual style bristles which are both angled and straight. The combination of natural horse hair and nylon pins are claimed to "give you the smoothest, sleekest hair around, while the ceramic barrel gives you added shine and care."

It's quite a  long hair brush, but this is good because it's also perfect for those, like me with longer hair and for creating "extra oomphness!"  The dual style bristles are a big talking point - the nylon bristles are high heat resistant which also penetrate hair of all textures and all lengths and they smooth and caress the cuticles of the hair to help promote positive hair growth and shine.

 The handle of the brush is quite different too. The pointed end is used to create partings or sections of hair when styling - however as the brush is quite large anyway, I find it quite hard to use it for what it's designed for

I have been using this hairbrush for a few months now and I'm in 2 minds about it. It's great as a hair brush - it really gets through my hair and I think it has made it shinier. It feels it anyway, but it could be a placebo - me thinking it because of what it claims to do. For what it is, it is a bit expensive as I could easily create the same effect by using shampoos/conditioners etc.

RATING
Price: 3 STARS £10.99 is quite expensive in my opinion for a hair brush - even though it states all of those wonderful things.

Promises: 3 STARS Even though I think my hair reacted positively to using it, I can't say I would be 100% sure. It could be a whole load of things!

Ease of Use: 4 STARS The brush is really easy to use as a brush, but parting/sectioning the hair with the handle? nuh-uh. It's very clumpy so I just used my little tail comb instead.

Would I Recommend to a Friend?: MAYBE If they had the money/budget to spend I would recommend it, but if not then there is a combination of products and accessories on the high street that can create pretty much the same effect.

post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

1 comment:

  1. The brush sounds great and I have to admit I LOVE the fact that it is pink. The really like the idea of a dual style bristles and have a pointed handle to help with separating hair!

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...