Monday 11 March 2013

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara -- REVIEW --

Your eyes are the window to the world. Therefore, frame them :) They're beautiful; but you need a good mascara to frame them and make them look beautiful and pretty.
I recently purchased the Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara after seeing it on display in Asda and a few other stores, and it cost me £3.29 off of eBay, free P+P!
Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara Full Volume and Curve Black/Brown - 8ml
 
This mascara has such pretty packaging, shiny metallic purple with a funky shape too! To be honest, I'm never too hopeful with mascaras making my eyes look great because they all seem clumpy to me! But never the less, I will try this one!

The brush is a triple plump brush with rubber hairs to help magnify and cover all lashes. When applying, the brush was light but didn't do anything amazing until I had a few goes to be honest! My lashes weren't as bad as to say they were spider like, but to me, it's just a regular mascara.
I wore this mascara all day at university last week, and it started to feel a bit heavy. Whether that was because I was getting really tired, I don't know!
However, I did achieve a nice fanned look with the Sexy Curves mascara, but it did take a while to achieve this. I have no before and after pictures as they're not clear. But I would recommend you to try this never the less! It's not too expensive if you look in the right places and when I have tried a lot of mascaras, this one is okay, but I would like something a bit better- but I will carry on using it! Maybe I'm just being too picky? 

RATING
Price; 4 STARS Varies depending on where you look!  Affordable: you can use your student cards to get 10% off in various stores and also look online for different deals!

Promises;  3 STARS. 'Full volum and curve mascara' -I didn't think it lived up to what it promised, although I would use it as an everyday mascara 

Ease of Application; 3 STARS. Took a while to achieve the look I wanted considering what I assumed it would give but the brush was light

Would I recommend to a friend?; 3 STARS. YES but only as a basic mascara as I didn't think it lived up to what I expected it to

5 comments:

  1. I like big bristle brushes and don't usually get on with plastic brushes, but I do love that they give a clump free appearance :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hate clunpy spider-like eyelashes :( x

      Delete
  2. Great review , sounds like a great product xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great deal. I've never tried the curvy-bristles-in-bumps kind of brush!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...